Contractor / Construction Information
Contractor and Architect OrientationsOrientations are required for Architects and General Contractors who are new to Lahontan prior to starting design and construction. Please call the Office of Design Review at 550-2488 to schedule an appointment. Please note that September 1st is the last recommended date for a Pre-Construction Orientation meeting for a building start. For homesites in all units, site clearing and excavation activity may begin no later than September 1st. In order to avoid inconveniences and risks due to a last-minute rush, it is strongly suggested that new contractors schedule the required Pre-Construction Orientation prior to this date.
- As a reminder, normal residential construction hours are as follows:
- On weekdays, construction activity at Lahontan is permitted between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- For security purposes, construction hours have been reduced by one hour between November 1 and February 28; residential construction workers must leave the premises by 5 p.m. instead of 6 p.m.
- Quiet construction may also occur on Saturdays between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Construction activity that is disruptive to residents or golfers (pouring concrete, hammering, power tools, or anything that is audible from the homesite) is not permitted on Saturdays.
- Construction activity is prohibited on Sundays.
Below are pictures of residential projects adjacent to the golf course nearing completion.
Residential Construction Holiday ScheduleIn order to ensure that construction activity does not interfere with the residents during the major holidays and other important events, on certain dates construction will not be allowed. The following dates will be observed at Lahontan. Your cooperation and understanding is appreciated.
Note: Construction Holiday dates are subject to change. Design Review staff will attempt to provide notice in advance of any changes to these dates.
|May 27||Memorial Day|
|July 4||4th of July|
|August 31||Labor Day Weekend|
|September 2||Labor Day|
|November 28||Thanksgiving Day|
|December 24||Christmas Eve|
|December 25||Christmas Day|
|January 1||New Year's Day|