Contractor and Architect OrientationsOrientations are required for Architects and General Contractors who are new to Lahontan prior to starting design and construction. Please call the office of Design Review at (530) 550-2414 to schedule an appointment. Please note that September 1st is the last recommended date for a Pre-Construction site meeting for a building start. For homesites in all units, site clearing and excavation activity may begin no later than September 1st. New Contractors must schedule the required Pre-Construction Orientation prior to this date.
- As a reminder, normal residential construction hours are as follows:
- On weekdays, construction activity at Lahontan is permitted between the hours of 6:45 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- For security purposes, construction hours have been reduced by one hour between November 1 and February 28; residential construction workers must leave the premises by 5 p.m. instead of 6 p.m.
- Quiet construction may also occur on Saturdays between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Construction activity that is disruptive to residents or golfers (pouring concrete, hammering, power tools, or anything that is audible from the homesite) is not permitted on Saturdays.
- Construction activity is prohibited on Sundays.
Below are pictures of residential projects adjacent to the golf course nearing completion.
Residential Construction Holiday ScheduleIn order to ensure that construction activity does not interfere with the residents during the major holidays and other important events, construction is not allowed on certain dates. The following dates will be observed at Lahontan. Your cooperation and understanding is appreciated.
Note: For a 2024 No-Work Holiday Schedule, please see Construction Documents. Construction Holiday dates are subject to change. Design Review staff will attempt to provide notice in advance of any changes to these dates.
|4th of July
|Labor Day Weekend
|New Year's Day